Thursday, September 6, 2012

Airpane! officially funniest movie ever. About time!


"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley." Thank god! This has been one of my all-time favorite movies across all genres of films. How can you not like this movie? Leslie Nielson (RIP) is pure gold in this flick. Almost everyone in the movie makes you laugh at one point, even Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Just the fact that Kareem is in this movie, playing a co-pilot pretending not to be Kareem, is awesome. I would always fight for the integrity of this movie, and now I actually have some evidence behind it!

A panel was assembled to watch all of the films that would be considered as "funniest ever." This panel then recorded how many laughs from the audience were generated, and proceeded to calculate the LPM, or Laughs Per Minute. Airplane recorded a LPM of 3. 3 laughs a minute over the entire movie? Pure comic genius if you ask me!



They proceeded to rank the top 10 movies, they are as follows:
1. Airplane - 3 LPM
2. The Hangover - 2.4 LPM
3. The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad ! - 2.3 LPM
4. Superbad - 1.9 LPM
5. Borat - 1.7 LPM
6. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - 1.6 LPM
7. American Pie - 1.5 LPM
8. Bridesmaids - 1.4 LPM
9. Shaun of the Dead - 1.3 LPM
10. Life of Brian - 1.2 LPM

I've got to be honest, I'm surprised that the entire Naked Gun series isn't on this list. Leslie Nielson can simply do no wrong. If you haven't seen Airplane, you seriously need to get your head out from under that rock and watch this.
Joey, you ever been in a cockpit before? You ever seen a grown man naked?

2 comments:

  1. Every one of those movies is flop cept I've never seen Life of Brian before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I've never seen it either. Since it's up there on that list with those other hilarious movies, I think I'm going to have to check it out

    ReplyDelete